Saturday, November 17, 2012

Midnight Premieres

I realized I haven't written in a while. That is do to homework overload, my procrastination, and the fact that I've been recently trial admining a facebook page about two awesome things: Anti-bullying and Harry Potter. and here's the link if you want to LIKE the page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owlery-Project-1000-Potterheads-to-Stay-Strong/135777889904230
We help people who are being bullied or teased or just having a bad day get through whatever they're going through, and help inspire people to not think so badly of themselves. So... you should like it (:

Okay so this next topic is Midnight Premieres.
I don't really understand the concept of midnight premieres  why go see a movie at midnight, on a school night, when you can just see the next day? It never made too much sense to me of why people insist on camping outside theaters in the freezing cold and waiting for hours just to see a movie. Yeah I get that you've waited months and all, but after months would it be so bad to wait a couple of hours and just see the movie in normal time, where there aren't thousands of people waiting outside, freezing to death, and you're actually fully awake? I guess if you got like a special collectors item I would go, but I don't really see the point otherwise. Like I wanted to see the last Harry Potter movie at midnight, but I didn't really think it was worth it to wait hours in line to see a movie. and last night, the last installment (thank God) of the Twilight Saga came out, and thousands of people camped out to go see it. It's insane. But that's just my opinion. And a couple days ago Black Ops 2 came out, and hundreds waited for the midnight release. I guess they waited because it was really popular and they thought if they didn't get it then, then they'd have to wait until the stores restocked, but for video games, you could just get a reservation card that insures that you will get the game the day it comes out. I mean, if you get it at midnight, would you really stay up just to start the game?
I just don't understand the concept of it.
Until next post.......

Peace, Love, and Turtles,
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment